Our expertise and experience in preparing planning submissions for large and small retail and mixed use schemes is extensive. We secure permissions for many food and non–food leading retailers and developers in city and town centres, in district and local centres and in edge or out of centre locations. These retail and mixed use developments include superstores, retail parks and sub-regional shopping centres. We also advise major funds and investors in relation to their retail property portfolios to realise increased value or protect their interests.
The practice undertakes detailed retail assessments in accordance with Government (PPS) guidance including:
- Assessing the need for retail provision;
- Undertaking the sequential approach to site selection;
- Evaluating retail impact;
- Assessing the health of town centres, using vitality and viability indicators and SWOT analysis;
- Evaluating the planning policy context for retail and mixed use proposals.