Our History

GL Hearn, established in 1923 as a private practice in London Bridge, is one of the UK’s leading real estate consultancies. Fast forward to present day we are now part of Capita Real Estate & Infrastructure where we offer an unparalleled suite of real estate services to both the public and private sector.1985

1923  :  Established at an office at 84 Leadenhall Street, EC3 as a private practice by George Leonard Hearn.
1955  : Claude Geoffrey Hearn becomes Senior Partner and was succeeded by his son Jimmy Hearn.
1961  :  Expanded to three other offices in England and one in Scotland to become GL Hearn & Partners
1985  :  GL Hearn moved to larger London Headquarters to accommodate the growth of Planning, Valuation and Landlord and Tenant work
1998  :  The company achieved ISO 9001 registration, becoming incorporated as a private limited company the next year. Jimmy Hearn appointed CEO.
2004   The Warrington office relocated to Manchester and, after 81 years in South East London, the London office moved to Soho Square. 
2014  :  Further expansion of the London office, the company relocated its Headquarters to new state-of-the-art premises at 280 High Holborn. The Manchester office also moved to its new offices at Vantage Point in Spinningfields. 
2015  :   With the aim to increase its service offering to clients, GL Hearn is acquired by Capita plc to join its real estate business, Capita Real Estate & Infrastructure.


GL Hearn remains a wholly-owned subsidiary and as a company continues to invest in its people as it grows as part of Capita Real Estate & Infrastructure.

  • Share