Our History

GL Hearn, established in 1923 as a private practice in London Bridge, is one of the UK’s leading real estate consultancies.


1923   Established at 84 Leadenhall Street, EC3 as a private practice by George Leonard Hearn.
1955   Claude Geoffrey Hearn becomes Senior Partner and is succeeded by his son, Jimmy Hearn.
1961   Expanded to three other offices in England and one in Scotland to become GL Hearn & Partners.
1985   GL Hearn move to a larger London HQ to grow planning, valuation and landlord and tenant work.
1998   The company achieved ISO 9001 registration, becoming incorporated as a private limited company.
           Jimmy Hearn is appointed CEO.
2004   Warrington office relocates to Manchester.
           After 81 years in South East London, GL Hearn move to Soho Square.
2014   Further expansion of the London office, the company relocate its Headquarters to High Holborn.
2015   With the aim to increase its service offering to clients, GL Hearn is acquired by Capita plc.
2018   GL Hearn relocate its London HQ to the City of London, at Gresham Street.

  • Share